The Business Need for Remote Access
Today, working while on the move is easier than ever before. With more employees working from home and an increasingly mobile workforce seeking to access data and applications while out of the office, security has become a critical issue to address.
One of the growing challenges we face as organisations is reducing costs without compromising security. Furthermore, users do not want to be limited to a particular device or location or even a specific application. This in turn creates a number of security challenges for IT managers.
Businesses need to quickly enable home workers access to email and corporate applications in case of external events such as bad weather as well as reduce costs by giving customers, suppliers and contractors secure remote access to key information. So how can you provide your employees with office-level access that is fast and secure – at a reasonable cost?
Businesses need to quickly enable home workers access to email and corporate applications in case of external events as well as reducing costs without compromising security.
With the AppGate Security solution, it is possible to manage all access from one system in a secure and controlled way - regardless of location and device being used.
Cryptzone’s AppGate solution supports many authentication systems out of the box: smart cards, token cards, SMS-authentication, certificates or passwords. Depending on how a user authenticates themselves, how secure the device is that they are using, i.e. whether it is a mobile, and if the device is owned by the company or not, defines the secure, role-based concept of this solution.
Furthermore, policies can be adopted to reinforce the control of access to applications making life easier for the system administrator to authenticate users, allowing them access to the right information based on different criteria.
- The Security Server replaces multiple point products with one appliance which is easier to manage and cheaper to run
- Strong security protects against internal and external threats
- Internal secure domains protect critical data without the need for internal firewalls
- Role Based remote access from any device, any location
- Central control of security policies and user administration
- Business continuity and high availability through clustering
- Full monitoring and reporting of all user access for regulatory compliance
- Supports a wide range of mobile platforms including Nokia Series 60 (Symbian), Windows Mobile, and iPhone
Why work with Network Defence?
Network Defence has been working with Cryptzone, and specifically with AppGate, for over 5 years. We have a vast experience in delivering and managing remote access solutions for NHS Trusts, Facilities Management, Engineering & Logistic organisations.
Contact Network Defence to discuss how you can provide a higher level of security for your remote access, with minimal investments
Network Defence Remote Access Partners
- AppGate Security Server
The AppGate Security Server from Cryptzone provisions secure, controlled access for authorised users working from any device, and from any location. Strong security protects network resources from internal and external threats. The built-in features make AppGate an all-in-one solution that is both easy to use and easy to manage. The secure access control solution provides four basic security functions:
- Application layer firewalls that protect the AppGate Security Server and application servers connected
- Endpoint security through an integrated device firewall and client inspection
- Encryption with built-in roaming for mobile and fixed network usage
- Granular control of user access
- Nordic Edge: Two-Factor Authentication
The traditional methods of username and password combination are no longer sufficient against unauthorised access and brute force attacks. A one-time password (OTP) is a password that is valid for only one authentication attempt. OTP’s are increasingly used in two-factor authentication systems to improve system security.
Two-factor authentication from Nordic Edge, integrated with a remote access solution like AppGate, provides an additional layer of security. Utilising this powerful combination enables organisations to secure and manage their digital identities as well as meeting regulatory compliance requirements.
Find Out More