The Business Need for Encryption
Despite years of technological development in the area of encrypting information, the challenge of keeping our information assets secured, whilst at the same time allowing the users of that information to have flexible access to it, still exists.
If data is not encrypted, both when it is stationary (e.g. stored on a hard disk, USB stick) and when it is in motion (e.g. as an email attachment), then there is a real risk of the loss of that data. Such a loss can lead to a number of serious consequences:
- Breach of data protection act and resultant fines
- Breach of industry regulations e.g. FSA
- Loss of sensitive corporate information
- Resultant brand and reputation damage for the organisation concerned
In order to protect your organisation from the risk of data loss, you need to look at two things:
- Do you have robust security policies in place that tackle all possible data loss scenarios, and are these policies regularly audited by a suitable third party?
- Have you implemented tools and systems which complement these policies, by automatically preventing data loss?
The latest encryption technologies can securely enable wired and wireless networking, mobile communications, email messaging and sensitive file transfers. Network Defence works with key technology partners that provide robust solutions that are safe, simple and affordable to deploy – ensuring that only the right people see the right data at the right time.
The challenge of keeping our information assets secured, whilst at the same time allowing the users of that information to have flexible access to it, still exists.
Why work with Network Defence?
Network Defence has been designing and implementing solutions to mitigate against the risks posed by unauthorised network and data access for many years. In addition we have professional services available to assist in risk assessment and the design and audit of security policies – ensuring that appropriate best practices are not only in place, but actively followed.
Contact Network Defence to explore the latest encryption solutions
From The Blog
- Thoughts on data security in 2014
- Protect your business from Cryptolocker
- New home for Network Defence
Read more from the blog...