The Business Need for Cloud-Based Email
Email is possibly the most important business application of all and as a result it is essential that it remains always available and its content secure, whether at rest or in transit. A set of disparate applications often evolves to deliver this protection, but this complexity brings with it inherent risks of poor reliability, inconsistent policy enforcement and compromised data security.
Adopting cloud-based services can help you to achieve unified security for your business IT - reducing risk, cost and complexity.
A key part of any IT security strategy is securing email - at rest, in use and in motion; and doing that in the cloud has significant advantages.
By removing the need to deploy, integrate and manage multiple third party systems, moving to the cloud can provide a number of unique benefits, offering all the required capability in a single cloud solution. Mimecast Unified Email Management is an always-on, cloud-based service that offers organisation’s the unique benefits of a fully integrated email security, continuity and archiving solution. It provides total end-to-end control of email, enabling organisations to mitigate risk, maximise flexibility and reduce both cost and complexity.
A key part of any IT security strategy is securing email - at rest, in use and in motion - and doing that in the cloud has significant advantages:
- True cloud service with no on-premise infrastructure required
- Immediately effective with zero capital outlay for rapid ROI
- Increase in SLA to 100% availability
- Significantly reduces the complexity of managing email security
- Supports legal and regulatory compliance needs
Features & Benefits
- Email Security
- Stops spam and malware in the cloud
- DLP policy setting with immediate enforcement
- AD synchronisation enables group policy setting
- Secure message delivery
- No more unwanted email
- Personal block and permit lists reflect user preferences
- Email Archiving
- Highly secure, resilient, bottomless email storage
- All stored data is encrypted
- Unique integration with Outlook and BlackBerry smartphones
- Granular litigation hold functionality
- No additional on-premise hardware required
- Anywhere, anytime access to archive
- Email Continuity
- Gives users access to live email, calendar information and historical email during outages
- Automatic and seamless service failover and failback Integration with Microsoft Outlook and BlackBerry smartphones
- Backed by a 100% service availability SLA
- No action required by end users for service invocation
- Calendar information available during Exchange outages
- Anytime web access if usual email client is unavailable
- File Archiving
- Broad range of file repositories supported – Microsoft® Sharepoint, shared network resources, users home directory, Dropbox and Box.net
- Granular, policy based rules applied to all files entering the archive to ensure retention, security, attachment management, and DLP policies are enforced
- Seamless end-user access to personal files via Outlook, Mimecast Personal Portal, and all of the Mimecast mobile applications at any time – including outages and continuity events
- Makes your corporate data discoverable, instantly
- Makes cloud file stores more compliant
- No hardware or software to manage
Why work with Network Defence?
Partnering with Mimecast, Network Defence can help you to radically improve the way that your organisation manages its most important business communications and data.
Contact Network Defence to explore a new and smarter way of securing e-communications for your business
From The Blog
- Protect your business from Cryptolocker
- New home for Network Defence
- Visit us at the iLinks Innovations Annual Conference & Exhibition!
Read more from the blog...